Friday, November 21, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving

...in contrast to the Post-Thanksgiving post that should be far more exciting!

In comparison, this is about a trip too. A pre-Thanksgiving trip that I just realized I never posted about. I forget when it even was exactly, but on a weekend we went down to visit my grandparents in tropical Laredo--beautimus. They're supposed to have a balmy 80 degree Thanksgiving, and here I was tromping up to the attic this afternoon in search of a non-shiver zone just to concentrate on my Chemistry HW. It worked. You should try it. Ideally your mom will have just pulled out your camp sleeping bags to haul off on Thanksgiving vacation so that you can repose upon them like a kindergarten nap mat. (Bother! Why did I just have to take that grammar chapter on misplaced modifiers! A kindergarten mat doesn't repose on sleeping bags, but I don't have time to go past rough draft stage grammatically.)I can't really remember what we did...except just visit. lol I taught the preschool class again. Except it isn't really preschool anymore. Pity. Now that they're old enough to understand a story I'm not there anymore. Actually, we mostly sang because when Grandma teaches, she doesn't sing very much. I couldn't believe that I'd forgotten the track number for I'm In the Lord's Army on the music CD! Terrible, terrible. I did remember that 11 is The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rock. Ok, now you can go check me on SacredAudio...Sunday School Singalong the original. lol I promise I didn't check myself. I'm thinking 18 is the Poochie Lip Disease, but I'm probably wrong...and 30 is something we sang a lot...
Anyway, yeah. Then we came home. Oh, yeah. That. ;)
Dad drove the old truck back so that we'd have it up here. And Grandpa stuck a bunch of his messenger pigeons in the back of it for us to let out at the rest stop. He called us and said they brought 20 more wild friends home with them. 8o
That was a shocked face by the way. Not an eighty.
So that was that. And plenty has happened since then that I won't elaborate upon.

Three more entire days before we leave for NC!

2 comments:

abswillis said...

lol. You're such an interesting writer, Lindsay. I mean that in a good way.. I mean.. you know how to use the correct words, and you make it sound interesting. lol.
Yeah I was wondering about that "8o" smiley face.. lol

Calyniel Greenleaf said...

You are Lid.