
Ok, so he didn't normally wear a Santa hat, but that was the first picture of him I found.
And NO, he (remarkably) didn't get eaten by a dog; he has merely departed to a more attentive home.
One of the families in 4-H is taking a vet science class at Gander Mountain, and they were dying for a pet, but they have an itsy-teeny yard. So. We dumped Zorro on them.
I'm glad. The little fury had finally gotten calm enough to allow us to hold him, but dogs and rabbits don't mix... I can't lavish attention on the rabbit AND keep my jealous puppy sufficiently entertained. Lunatic dog!
Hopefully now Zorro will feel more loved. He's probably going to get absolutely spoiled. lol. They called me and asked if he would rather drink distilled or tap water. I laugh now, but I understand because I wondered the same sort of things when I first started raising a rabbit for 4-H. I checked out every rabbit book to be found in the Laredo library and ordered several books from the American Rabbit Breeders Association. I guess it paid off, because I almost won rabbit showmanship at the fair. Carrie beat me by 1/2 point. BLAH. That's what big sisters are for.
The Monarchs are migrating through our backyard again. :D
If the wind calms down enough for me to get some good pics, I'll post them. If not, I'll cheat and post pics from last year.
1 comment:
I think that Zorro is cuuuuute! I love animals!
Post a Comment